12 July 2021

Health on the Appalachian Trail

 Been a few days since I posted about my 1974 walk, and darn, part of the reason is that I can't find some pics of us sleeping in the Walker Mountain fire tower in Virginia.  My slides are in boxes and packed in the garage so I will not be getting them for a while. But I just checked my "cloud" and found a few:




Also....

Here is a shot looking down from the Walker Mountain tower.


and the previous night stayed in Old Orchard LT first one north of Mt. Rogers.  One of our hiking buddies stayed at the shelter to rest a sprained ankle.

Lots of road walking north of Mt Rogers too.  On one of these gravel roads, saw my first rattle snake. On the 12th we are 37 to 41 miles from Pearisburg.  Remember the differences between the guide book and mileage fact sheet.