09 April 2010

Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium


Off to the Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium this weekend! Yes, it is my annual springtime conference on Lake George at the Sagamore. A great venue for the conference and a place I'd never be able to afford in the summer. The organizers are expecting close to 200 participants this year and as always, the USDA-Forest Service will publish the Proceedings.

The research at this conference serves as much of the readings I use in Recreation Geography. In fact, when I first taught rec geog online back in 1997, most of the course used readings from the conference. Since I am doing the online version in the fall 2010 semester, it is likely this government document will still remain an important part of the course.

My picture is available on Google Earth.