06 April 2010

ISSRM in Malaysia June 2011 !


Just found out that the International Symposium on Society and Resource Management will be held at the Sutera Harbour in Malaysia next June 2011. Time to start with the Anticipation Phase of the Recreation Experience and do my "virtual tourism" stuff. I have gone to this conference since my grad school days in 1988. I have probably attended the conference a dozen times both in the States, but also abroad in 4 different countries.

Gotta' start thinking how to Budget it. Whew, current exchange rate is about $1US to 3.2 MYR (Malaysia Ringgets), and air from BOS to BWN for this summer (not next year) starts at $3700US. Whew again.

And I still need to come up with a research paper topic. Oh well. Do a Google Earth search on the region to get psyched!