28 March 2022

Return to the Trail (28 MARCH 1975)

 When I last wrote about my end to end hike of the AT last fall, a lot of things had happened in 1974 and 1975.  I got a job in maintenance at the Korvettes store in the Harford Mall.  I always remember the manager welcoming me to his staff and me thinking the minimum wage pay that yielded $61 after taxes a week was not enough.

Anyway, after the holidays I started full time at Harford Community College.  I was there for two years, but that is another story.

So during my first college spring break, I returned to the Trail to pick up the pieces I missed in 1974.  On 28 March 1975, a Friday, my brother and sister drove me to the Delaware Water Gap and I headed south. My first night was at the Kirk Ridge LT that I wrote was "kind of lousy and the view is fair."  Dinner was a cup-a-soup, noodle beef sauce, chicken, pudding and made tea for later on that night.


NJ on the left and PA on the right.

I hiked 6.7 miles this day.