26 July 2020

Ecoanxiety

Learned a new word today.

Ecoanxiety (someone who is ecoanxious, obviously).

According to the article in The New York Times (26 July 2020), the American Psychological Association  defines it as a chronic fear of environmental doom.

I will be dead before the shit hits the fan, (sorry about the language), but others with children or younger people can be expected to feel the full impact of our citizens putting money and profit over the long term health of our planet.

The University students I mentor will be the ones who have to push the environment to the top of the agenda.  They will do this by voting, protesting and communicating a message of hope to others.  I am inspired by many of these young people.

Me?  I will try to do my best as a global citizen to help others.

Otherwise, we are fucked. (again sorry, but this serious).