03 April 2022

3rd of April 1975, after April Fools

 Back to the trail talk, so I stayed at the New Windsor Furnace LT on the first, Neys LT on the second, after a stop in Port Clinton to phone home for a pickup at the Susquehanna River on Sunday.  The Pinnacles (below) offered a great view, and I note in my journal that "I could not find the caves."  Extremely rocky trail in the area too.


You can see the scratch in the film in the picture above.  Maybe I can "photoshot" it to remove, but that is the scan of the 35 mm slide.

My camping companions were father - son, Hugh and Mark, nice people.

On the third, the day had "rain, wind, sunny & snow" and I camped in my tent this night at the Hertlein Camp Site (below).


 I wrote in my journal about the need for a LT in this stretch.  And several times I wrote the  need for sneakers to wear in camp, oh well.