21 August 2020

American Airlines to cut service to 15 cities

 You can imagine that people reading that headline immediately scanned to the list to see if their town is on the list.  I wasn't too worried about Hartford/Springfield, better known as Bradley International Airport (BDL).

But I still scanned to see if the list included any of the towns I may have flown or might in the future.

None, thank goodness.  But for 9 of the 15, AA was the only air service.  This means of course that people will need to drive to a larger airport.

It has been a while, but I remember flying to a small airport once and it was cheaper than just flying to the major hub.  Maybe those days are gone.

My UK friend noted it appeared that flights were as busy as usual in the US compare to the EU.  I answered, yes, the flights are still there but empty.

(Waiting in KEF)

For southern New England see this website.

And for western Europe, see this one.

I have no plans to fly in the near future.