28 July 2018

Stray Dog Tourism

Stray dogs are something I tend to avoid.  While backpacking the Appalachian Trail, I had several potentially nasty encounters with dogs.  I simply held up my walking stick, yelled at them to back off and walked away.

Now, I am a dog lover, and for the most part am willing to say hi to a dog, ask the owner to pet or let the dog sniff my hand.  But in my foreign travels, I need to be a bit more cautious.

I am pleased there are many dog rescue operations around the world and there are some good success stories.

On Provo we have the Potcake Place.  This is a good start, but I would also encourage folks to donate to animal organizations for health care and neutering or spaying.  Dogs are great, and I love them all. 

I dedicate this blog today to all the dogs in my life.....and yours.