05 August 2012

Great New England Air Show

Well, the Great New England Air Show was this weekend, so anyone with a lick of sense avoided Exit Five on the Pike.  Now, I don't have anything against recreational flying.  I mean, I do a fair share of carbon emissions every time I fly somewhere.

But what does bother me is the glorification of the war machines.  Sure, these craft rescue people from floods and other natural disasters, but they also transport weapons and the personnel trained to use them.

OK, I will get off my soapbox and tell you about my friend Rod Warnick's paper titled "Purchase decision involvement: Event management segments and related event behavior" that you can find on this site.  The abstract:

The goal of this research was to examine the relationships between different levels of event purchase decision involvement (PDI) segments and their respective event behaviors (e.g., expenditures, travel behavior, event consumption and satisfaction). The specific purpose was to answer two major research questions: 1) Can PDI identify different levels or segments of event attendees?; and 2) Do the PDI segments differ by their tendency to travel, spend, and consume at an event?