13 July 2018

Car Rental Part III

Since we are travelling a bunch this year, at least for us, we need to consider signing up for a frequent driver card with a rental company.  Sure, this means you limit your selections and you might end up paying more, but as I figure it, the perks may outweigh the costs.

Next thing I consider when renting a car is the location of the counter relative to the airport departure gates.  I suspect rental companies compete for the best location and those who pay more get the best location for the weary travelers.  I have found the locations change so that even at airports I frequently visit, I have to search for the car rental desk every time.

Then there is the insurance issue.  This is crazy.  And rather rant on that issue, I will tell a story about one rental when I got the CDW (not an insurance mind you).  And still had a headache.

Seems I dinged the back bumper when trying to park this care in Martinique.  It was after midnight since we had to take a later flight when I missed our scheduled one.  My bad.

Anyway, at the end of the trip at 6 am I returned the car. got slammed with a 1,000 Euro deposit and made my flights home.  After the trip I called my credit card company and after some paper work and time, I got reimbursed the 1,0000.  It does work!

Here is a shot of a sun set in Fort de France.



and a pretty flower.