03 March 2018

Car Rentals

Ever notice the variable pricing for renting a car?  When I travel and need to rent a car, I realize that I also need to shop for the best deal.  The airlines offer extra miles,  AAA says they have special pricing and other benefits and so on.

Of course the car rental companies are different too.  The style of car (e.g., sub compact, Standard SUV etc.) might be the same size but the car will be different.  For instance a Ford versus Toyota versus Hyundai.  You see, a big difference?

And then there are different prices for city versus airport pickup!

Loyalty programs help, but since I don't rent a car that much, I haven't joined them.

And don't get me started on the extra insurance.

I remember I dinged a bumper on a car in Martinique, and despite the extra insurance, there was still a 1,000 Euro deductible! Fortunately my credit card picked that up.