28 December 2017

Pretty cold here in New England

I was out on the Appalachian Trail yesterday.  Well not really the trail but the National Park Service lands. We are preparing some background info on cultural resource management.  My task is being a Volunteer Steward for the protection of one of these historic sites.  I get to work with some fine people from the local community, the AT Management Team in Massachusetts and the National Park Service.  Much more on this as it becomes a bit more organized. 

Returning home, I stopped by the corridor in Tyringham, trying out the Arc Collector App on my smart phone.  I am still trying to learn how to do this (and do it the same everytime) so this is still a work in progress.

One thing for sure is that it was cold, darn cold and operating a smart phone meant I had to take gloves off.  It was too cold to do this field work.

So, I hiked over to trail to return to the trail head and go home.  Hot peppermint tea was in a thermos.