What is Recreation and Tourism Geography?
1. the act of creating anew.
2. something created anew.
too r-iz-uh m – noun
1. the activity or practice of touring, especially for pleasure.
2. the business or industry of providing information, accommodations, transportation, and other services to tourists.
3. the promotion of tourist travel, especially for commercial purposes.
ge⋅og⋅ra⋅phy –noun, plural -phies.
1. the science dealing with the areal differentiation of the earth's surface, as shown in the character, arrangement, and interrelations over the world of such elements as climate, elevation, soil, vegetation, population, land use, industries, or states, and of the unit areas formed by the complex of these individual elements.
2. the study of this science.
3. the topographical features of a region, usually of the earth, sometimes of the planets.
4. a book dealing with this science or study, as a textbook.
5. the arrangement of features of any complex entity: the geography of the mind.
Combining the three terms we come up with my definition:
Recreation and Tourism Geography is the study of humans participating in some leisure pursuit at some setting. That is, people, activity and resource.
People are categorized by the socio-economic and demographic characteristics. Activities are what people are doing and the resource could be the Grand Canyon, the Musee du Louvre, or your couch!